Main Article Content
Introduction: Based on the Health Profile of East Java Province it was noted that the maternal mortality rate is still high, with the highest cause of maternal death being preeclampsia/eclampsia which is 28.92%, and hemorrhage by 26.28%. Mothers with anemia have a higher risk of postpartum hemorrhage. This is caused by the lack of oxygen and nutrients in the uterine organs, resulting in a decrease in myometrium muscle contraction that causes hemorrhage. Objective: To determine the relationship between anemia in pregnancy and postpartum hemorrhage in Jombang Regional Hospital 2016-2019. Method: Researchers use analytic research with a case-control approach. The study population of women who experienced hemorrhage at Jombang Regional Hospital in 2016-2019 (as a case group population). And women who did not experience hemorrhage at Jombang Regional Hospital in 2016-2019 (as a control group population). The sample of each study was 36 respondents for the case and control groups with a non-probability sampling technique consecutive sampling, and a matching process was carried out. Results: The significance value in the Mann Whitney test was 0.000 (p<0.05), which means that H0 was rejected, there was a significant relationship between anemia in pregnancy and postpartum hemorrhage in Jombang Regional Hospital. As well as the strength of the relationship between anemia and postpartum hemorrhage which was calculated using the Contingency Coefficient test. shows a figure of 0.582, which shows a positive correlation with sufficient strength correlation. Conclusion: Based on the results of research that has been done shows that there is a relationship between anemia in pregnancy with postpartum hemorrhage in Jombang Regional Hospital 2016-2019.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License
Copyright @2017. This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/) which permits unrestricted non-commercial used, distribution and reproduction in any medium
2. Dinas Kesehatan Republik Indonesia. Basic Health Research. Diabetes Mellitus. Jakarta: Kemenkes RI; 2013. 87–90 p.
3. Prawiroharjo S. Ilmu Kebidanan. 3rd ed. Jakarta: Yayasan Bina Pustaka Sarwono; 2011. 775–80 p.
4. Utami W, Setiyaningsih R. Relationship between Anemia during Pregnancy and Postpartum Hemorrhage in Permata Bunda Hospital Puwodadi. 2017;
5. Sastroasmoro S, Ismael S. Dasar-Dasar Metodologi Penelitian Klinis. 5th ed. Jakarta: Sagung Seto; 1995. 146–54, 368–71 p.
6. Satriyandari Y, Hariyati NR. Factors That Influence Postpartum Bleeding Occurrence. J Heal Stud. 2017;1(2):49–64.
7. Dahlan MS. Statistik Untuk Kedokteran dan Kesehatan : Deskriptif, Bivariat, dan Multivariat, Dilengkapi dengan Aplikasi Menggunakan SPSS. Jakarta: Epidemiologi Indonesia; 2011. 302 p.
8. Pitriani R. Factors Related to Post Partum Hemorrhage Event in Camar II Room RSUD Arifin Achmad Riau Province 2016. MENARA Ilmu. 2017;XI(1):243–55.
9. Ummah N, Ulfiana E. Risk Factors for Postpartum Bleeding. J KEBIDANAN Vol7 No15 April 2018 ISSN2089-7669. 2018;7(15).
10. Yogi ED, Setiawan SA, Hastuti SD, Yogi ED. Relationship between Parity and Occurrence of Bleeding in Post Partum Mothers at BPS Ny. N In the Serut Klagen Village, Jiwan District, Madiun. J Delima Harapan. 2018;5(2):29–34.
11. Permatasari, Handayani R. Factors Related to the Occurrence of Placental Adhesions (Retensio Placenta). ARKESMAS, Vol 2, Nomor 1, Januari-Juni 2017 [Internet]. 2017;2(1):102–8. Available from: https://journal.uhamka.ac.id/index.php/arkesmas/article/view/512
12. Studi P, Metro K, Kemenkes P. Relationship Analysis of Anemia with Postpartum Hemorrhage in General Hospital Ahmad Yani Metro City 2013. Jurna Kesehat Metro Sai Wawai Vol VII NO2. 2014;VII(2).
13. Aryani F. Relationship between anemia during pregnancy and postpartum hemorrhage event in Panembahan Senopati Hospital Bantul [Internet]. FIK Univesitas Aisyiyah. 2017. Available from: http://digilib.unisayogya.ac.id/2710/
14. Siagian R, Sari RDP, S PRA. Relationship between Parity Level and Anemia Rate with Postpartum Hemorrhage Occurrence in Maternity Women. J Major [Internet]. 2017;6(3):45–50. Available from: http://juke.kedokteran.unila.ac.id/index.php/majority/article/view/1107/954
15. Soltan MH, Ibrahim EM, Tawfek M, Hassan H, Farag F. Raised nitric oxide levels may cause atonic postpartum hemorrhage in women with anemia during pregnancy. Int J Gynecol Obstet [Internet]. 2012;116(2):143–7. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijgo.2011.09.017
16. Anas M, Triastuti N, Airlangga MP. Role of Inhaled Nitric Oxides in Pregnancy with Eisenmenger Syndrome. QANUN Med [Internet]. 2020;4(1):11–26. Available from: http://journal.um-surabaya.ac.id/index.php/qanunmedika/article/view/3478
17. Anas M, Marlina U. Penggunaan Nitrovasodilator Sebagai Donor Oksida Nitrik Pada Preeklamsia. In: Proceeding Annual Meeting APKKM Ke 6 Surabaya [Internet]. ID; 2018. p. 1–27. Available from: http://journal.um-surabaya.ac.id/index.php/Pro/search/search?simpleQuery=anas&searchField=query